Wednesday, 26 December 2012

A Very Formal Quilt

I have been hoarding my hubby's worn out formal trousers for a fairly long time now. I always loved the fabric it was made out of. Very high quality woollen, linen, cotton blend. Here in India the formals are really made of very good quality cotton and that's a reason why most of it is exported. Anyway I took them of 'THE TRUNK' (another post on it sometime) finally and the journey to give them a make over started. And boy o boy was I surprised. I used only 4 trousers to make a quilt of size 63" by 76". So I still have quite a few more trousers in my kitty and I have plans :).
So this is what it looked it when I began:
 
This is what it looked like all seams opened up:
 
This is what it looked like all chopped up:
 
This is what it looked with all pieces stitched up in strips:
 
This is what it looked all strips stitched up :
 
This is what it looked like all finished:
 
 
This is what it looked like in all its glory:
 
 
The finished piece is done without batting as it seemed heavy and warm enough. Now used as a guest bed cover. From discarded trash to a new treasure, the journey is complete my friend. What say!

7 comments:

  1. Got here from your fb post. This is AMAZING! I'm totally stealing your idea for using up old trousers. Thanks so much for sharing this :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Noodlehead, I would be happy to see how it turns up. Let me know when done.

      Delete
  2. awesome work sunita. If you can add a follower button, we can easily follow your blog..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Nima,
      You have always be encouraging. I have added the follower button. Thank you.

      Delete
  3. Now this I really like. Most of my lot wear jeans and they weigh a ton but I would like to use your idea for colours and placement, if I may

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for leaving me a comment. Please go right ahead and create one for yourself in a similar fashion if you want to. Would love to see what you came up with. Take Care.

      Delete
  4. You are awesomely talented.. Hope you have many more beautiful quilting days..

    ReplyDelete